skip to Main Content

Fair Labor Standards Act Lawyer

If your employer is keeping your hard-earned wages from you, then you can file a claim and seek justice. 

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) enforces the proper payment of wages to employees. If your employer isn’t paying you minimum wage or refuses to pay you for overtime hours you’ve worked, then they’re violating the FLSA and you can hold them accountable under federal law.

Simring Law Group handles a variety of unpaid wage cases. Our team will investigate your situation and use evidence to prove why you deserve compensation. We can file your claim and, if necessary, escalate your claim to a lawsuit so that your employer understands the consequences of their actions.

The Enforcement of Unpaid Wages under the FLSA

The FLSA enforces the payment of wages to employees in a few areas. The act establishes a federal minimum wage, creates policies for overtime pay eligibility, discusses record-keeping tactics, and also enforces child labor standards for part-time and full-time employees in the private and public workforce.

Policies for Federal Overtime Pay and Minimum Wage

The FLSA defines overtime pay as one and one-half times an employee’s standard pay rate. Employers must pay overtime-eligible employees this additional compensation for any hours worked over forty hours in a single workweek.

Employees must keep records of their time with an attendance sheet to receive overtime pay. The human resources department of each federal employer will determine whether an employee is overtime eligible using the U.S. Department of Labor’s standards.

Contact a Fair Labor Standards Act Attorney

If you take legal action against your employer, you can sue them for back pay and liquidated damages. You shouldn’t be afraid to confront your employer about the wages you deserve. With an experienced attorney by your side, you can feel confident moving forward with your claim.

If you’re ready to speak with a Fair Labor Standards Act lawyer from Simring Law Group, fill out the contact form  or call 954-816-2417 to schedule a consultation.

Back To Top